Qualities and Drawbacks
Qualities and Drawbacks are certain characteristics of your character that effect interactions between your character and other characters, the world, or just their general social standing. Qualities are generally good or positive characteristics that shine a better light on your character or make them more resolute in their ways. Drawbacks
- Acute/Impaired Senses (type), 2-point Physical Quality or Drawback
Sight, Hearing, Taste, Touch, Smell. Each sense costs 2 points.
- Addiction, Variable Mental Drawback
Addiction can cause you to do things you normally wouldn’t do in order to get your “fix.”
- Adversary, Variable Social Drawback
Your character has a mortal enemy for some reason.
- Artistic Talent, 3-point Mental Quality
Your character has artistic talent in a certain field, ie sculpting, painting, etc.
- Attractiveness, Variable Physical Quality or Drawback
- Charisma, Variable Mental Quality or Drawback
- Clown, 1-point Mental Drawback
Your character can make people laugh easily. Unfortunately this may lead to not being taken seriously when it is needed.
- Contacts, Variable Social Quality
Your character is well connected and may be able to call in favors or find items through those contacts.
- Covetous, 1- to 3-point Mental Drawback
There is something your character desires, and he may be willing to forsake his morals to get it.
- Cowardly, 1- to 3-point Mental Drawback
Your character is cowardly, and would be much more likely to run from a fight in fear than to join in.
- Cruel, 1- or 3-point Mental Drawback
Your character has a limited or has no sense of mercy.
- Delusions, Variable Mental Drawback
Your character has delusions of some sort, delusions of grandour, wierd delusions, delusions of aliens… etc.
- Emotional Problems, Variable Mental Drawback
Your character for some reason has problems with their emotions. This may stem from a bad childhood or any other circumstance that would cause them to have trouble coping with their emotions.
- Fast Reaction Time, 2-point Mental Quality
Your character reacts quickly to forseen or unforseen circumstances. Abnormally good reflexes.
- Hard to Kill, 1- to 5-point Physical Quality
For some reason, be it luck or skill, your character is extra hard to kill.
- Honorable, 1- to 3-point Mental Drawback
Your character has a strong morality that may cause them to deny themselves a better circumstance in favor of keeping their morals.
- Humorless, 1-point Mental Drawback
Your character rarely responds favorably to humor. May cause a conversational disconnect.
- Lazy, 2-point Mental Drawback
- Minority, 1-point Social Drawback
Your character is of a minority which may cause them to have more difficulty doing certain things simply because of their race, sex, or other circumstance.
- Multiple Identities, 2 points/Identity Social Quality
Your character has multiple sets of ‘papers’ including social security, passport, liscense, etc… allowing them to take on a different persona.
- Nerves of Steel, 3-point Mental Quality
Your character has abnormally strong nerves, and wont be starred down or feared easily.
- Obsession, 2-point Mental Drawback
Your character has an obsession that may cause him to forsake his morals or friends in pursuit.
- Paranoid, 2-point Mental Drawback
Your character thinks somebody or something is ALWAYS out to get him, and could be lurking right around each corner.
- Photographic Memory, 2-point Mental Quality
Your character stores memories as pictures in their mind, and never forgets them. Your character can look back at their memories and find new information or different perspectives.
- Physical Disability, Variable Physical Drawback
Your character is physically disabled in some way, causing them to have to put more effort where a normal person would not.
- Reckless, 2-point Mental Drawback
Your character jumps at opportunities, regardless of possible negative circumstances. More often than not probably coming out worse than they started.
- Recurring Nightmares, 1-point Mental Drawback
Your character is tormented by nightmares nightly, which may cause them to have trouble sleeping.
- Resistance, 1-point per level Physical Quality
Your character is resistant toward poison, or knockback, or disease, etc.
- Resources, Variable Social Quality or Drawback (1 point/level, positive or negative)
Your character’s available resources, -5 being homeless/destitute, +5 being a millionaire.
- Secret, Variable Social Drawback (1-3)
Your character has a dangerous secret. 1- embarrassing and could cost you much respect, 3- could cost your character their life if reveled.
- Showoff, 2-point Mental Drawback
Your character is a showoff, which may be off-putting to others, and might get you into trouble in the wrong circumstances.
- Situational Awareness, 2-point Mental Quality
Your character always knows what is going on around them and will notice if something isnt right, or is different.
- Status, Variable Social Quality or Drawback (1 point/level, positive or negative)
Your character’s status in the community. -5 social pariah, +5 movie star.
- Talentless, 2-point Mental Drawback
Your character has a distinct lack of talent.
- Zealot, 3-point Mental Drawback
Your character believes in a cause so strongly that it dominates their life and their behavior.
Supernatural Qualities and Drawbacks
- Accursed, Variable Supernatural Drawback
Your character is cursed. Things tend to die, spoil, and go wrong around your character.
- Gift, 5-point Supernatural Quality
A character with gift may be able to sense supernatural entities or circumstances.
- Good/Bad Luck, 1 point/level Supernatural Quality or Drawback
Your character may use luck once per session, adding points to a single roll equivalent to your rank, up to 5.
- Increased Essence Pool, 1/5-point Supernatural Quality (1/2 point after character creation)
Your character has an increased essence or mana pool. Increased by 5 points per point in the quality.
- Inspiration, 5-point Supernatural Quality
The Inspired can transcend the limits of the flesh, and become a tool of a Greater Power. They are Inspired to fight the forces of darkness, and dedicate their lives to this purpose.
- Old Soul, 4 points/level Supernatural Quality
Your character has a number of past lives, causing them to have greater insight and knowledge.